Tuesday 17 August 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Sorry I've taken a few days off from posting, it was my birthday on Saturday, and I've had a really busy few days, and this is the first chance that I've had where I'm not either too tired or haven't got enough time to write a half decent post! I'll do things backwards, cause it just makes sense in my head that way. In the evening, my grandparents, parents, my brother and I went to a lovely Italian restaurant near my house. I've been there a few times before, and it's kind of more expensive than we usually pay, but the food is delicious! (We first went there with my Italian godparents. If they like the food, I'm sure it's good enough for my English pallet!)





Earlier in the day, we went on a boat ride around Portsmouth Harbour, looking at all the boats that are stationed there. I never realised how many warships are stationed in my home city, it's really cool! At the moment there are about 20 different boats, including the Ark Royal, which was kind of cool! The boats were just too big for me to manage to get a whole one in a photo, so I didn't bother, it was astounding how big they were though!



This is Portsmouth's Millenium tower. Finished in 2003/2004. Yeah, we're a bit rubbish! I haven't been up it yet, but my parents say that you get really lovely views of the Isle of Wight and the Solent. Sounds really nice!



This is the HMS Victory. Yup. :)



If you had super good vision (and a better photo), you'd be able to see my house :)




That's the HMS Warrior. I think. Portsmouth's got some cool stuff!



This is called Spice Island. No guesses for what used to happen here! The white building in the middle (ish) of the picture is one of my favourite pubs ever. It's called the Still & West. If you ever go to Portsmouth, go there. (but only on a non-rainy day, otherwise you won't really like it very much!)


Portsmouth City Council have recently commissioned an artist to make a 100000ft (possible exaggeration) dinosaur on Southsea Common. Cost a few million pounds. And it's right next to a war memorial. Generally an atrocious idea, but cool to take a photo of. Once.



I had a lovely birthday! :)

I'll be back tomorrow with the Style Icon of the week, and hopefully some outfits too over the course of the week!

Also, I've recently dyed my hair black. So black it sometimes looks blue. I'm not entirely sold, but it was my choice! And it'll grow/wash out soon enough!

Currently listening to: The Ballad of Sweeney Todd by Stephen Sondheim.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Italian food is the best! MY FAVORITE! That looks like a really cute restaurant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a great birthday :D

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! :) Italian food is the best, but I'm slightly biased ;)

    ReplyDelete