Thursday 19 August 2010

Questions and Answers:


I wrote a post a couple of months ago about where I wanted this blog to go, and how I'd love for it to help me connect with people with similar interests to myself. I have started to put in much more effort with connecting with other bloggers, as well as paying more attention to my blog. It first started out as a silly, angsty teenage journal (I was having quite a hard time 10 months ago), but I feel now that my blog is slowly blossoming! Each and every one of my followers is special to me, and I love getting comments from anyone who feels they have something to say about my blog! Thank you each and every one of you for contributing to my blog and helping me make it better and (hopefully) more interesting to each of you!

Beautifully Invisible is a blog that I only recently started reading, however it's already become a regular in my blogroll. It's a fashion blog with a twist - she doesn't post pictures of herself or her outfits, but uses words and other pictures to express herself and her views on fashion and life in general. And she seems downright lovely, too! She's tagged me in answering some questions which originated from V of Grit & Glamour (another fabulous blog I recommend you all take a look at!), for which I'm so chuffed about! Thank you! I hope you all enjoy my answers!

Q: Practically everyone is six degrees from a celebrity, political figure or famous person. Will you explain your six degrees of separation from a famous person?

This one has really taken some thought! That's kinda sad, huh?
The first one I came up with was a fairly new British musician called Ellie Goulding. Her album was written and produced with someone who just graduated from my University, who did the same course as the one I'm doing now. Small world, I guess! If you've not listened to her music, it's actually pretty good! Here she is on Jools Holland:


Another one that came to my head around the same time as the Ellie Goulding one is Marina and the Diamonds. Another British group, whose lead singer is the daughter of my younger brother's art teacher. Again, small world!! Here is a video of the band:


To be honest, it's not entirely to my taste, but I can see why people like it!


Q: What have you always wanted to do, but haven't yet?
Jeez, where to begin! I will take Beautifully Invisible's lead, and begin with travel plans. I would love to go to Buenos Aires, the home of Argentine tango, my favourite hobby, and dance, ever. I would love to dance until the small hours of the morning outside, with it still being warm, and watch the sun rise through the street with the best dance partner.





Other than that, some more cities I'd like to visit: Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Venice, Krakow, Barcelona, Madrid, Bruges, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New Orleans, Rio de Janeiro, Edinburg, and so many others I can't think of right now!

And in personal terms: Get over my fear of playing the piano in front of people and knock their socks off with my favourite pieces of Chopin and Rachmaninov.


Q: Your favourite meal is:
Easy to answer this: practically anything made by my Italian Aunt. Her food is the best, always.


Q: If you could only save one pair of shoes from your closet, which pair would it be, and why?:
Well my dear readers, it would be my dance shoes. Because I can't dance without them! And the fact that they're the most expensive shoes I've ever bought! They're a bit like these ones below, but in patent black leather.



Q: Which handbag would you buy if money were no object?
Without question a Chanel 2.55 quilted bag. In as many colours as possible! But if I could only have one, I'd get it in black. Obviously!!




Q: Who is your girl crush?
Ooh, I would say Christina Hendricks. She's curvy, beautiful, talented and confident in herself, what more could you ask for?






Q: What is your vice?
Haha! I have so many! A choice selection: Spending money I seriously shouldn't, not really knowing as much about music as I ought, The Jeremy Kyle Show, and eating too much food, all the time, every meal time when I'm at home with my family!

Q: Last song you listened to:
Valentina Igoshina playing Chopin Nocturne in C minor. I'm learning it at the moment, and hers is probably my favourite interpretation, even better than The God That Is Vladmir Ashkenazy. And the way she's so totally immersed in her playing and the music. That is what I aspire to every time I play!



Now, it's my turn to tag some of you! I'm sorry if you've answered questions recently, but here we go:
  1. Krystal of Village
  2. Daisy Dukes of Outfits Anon
  3. Danni AND Maria of Frills'n'spills
  4. Sherin of HiFashion
  5. Luinae of More Magic Always
  6. Christine of TTDWAICL (it's a really long title, she'll understand!)
These are special mentions, I'd love to hear everyone's answers to these questions!

Currently listening to: Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

3 comments:

  1. I'll do it properly, but I'm five degrees away from the Unabomber. I feel people should know this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are such fun questions, i'll def do it, thanks for thinking of me! i love that you picked christina hendricks, she is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luinae is funny!

    Great questions and much fun making the post! It also gave a good reason to post a picture of a chocolate bar on OA :) Thanks, Tasha.

    ReplyDelete