Thursday 12 August 2010

Shabby day

Yesterday was a bit of a shabby day for me, I spent the day practicing the piano and my local 6th form college (they're lovely and let me use the Yamaha Grand there to practice over the summer when I'm home), so I just wore a random top and a skirt. This skirt is shorter than I usually wear without tights in the summer (no one wants to see The Wobble do they!) but to transition it a bit more (it was still a bit too warm for tights...at least that's what I tell myself) I decided to try out these OTK socks that I bought in Topshop while in London last week. I was especially inspired to wear them after Leia, Maria and I talked about them on twitter the other day. We mentioned the dangers of looking too much like a schoolgirl or a wreck (a la Lindsay Lohan), so I hope I don't look too much like a wreck. I felt a bit silly wearing them, but hopefully with time I'll just get used to them and stop feeling like such a wally.



Tshirt: Random place
Skirt: Primark
Cardigan: M&S
Socks: Topshop
Nail varnish: 'Heather Grey' (I think) from Topshop Makeup



Sorry the pictures aren't very good to see these socks, I don't have a tripod or a person to take these photos, so I'm reliant on various surfaces in my room, none of which are at quite the right height!

Today I went to Gunwharf Quays (it's less rubbishy than the website makes it out to be. Honestly it's probably one of the nicest places to eat, shop or go out in Portsmouth!) and bought a reallllly nice coral coloured 100% silk blouse for £13 (bargain, I know). So I'll probably wear that tomorrow and show you all that :)

Currently listening to: La Ritournelle by Sebastien Tellier

1 comment:

  1. I think the socks look great actually! You seem to pull them off perfectly.

    Also, try piling books on top of one another to get the right height... and also experiment with different parts of your house, the garden/roof maybe if you have them? Also in other places you might find new surfaces on which to place your camera!

    Leia

    ReplyDelete