Monday 9 August 2010

Valentino, my love.


Today, I really felt the need to get out of the house alone. As much as I love my family, I'm itching to get back to uni life and spend some time alone, with total freedom. Sigh. Anyway, so I went out for a few hours into town, sat in the park with a Starbucks while being rained on by a fountain and some stray gusts of wind (Nemesis No.2, don't you know), caught up with a friend whose been away for what feels like ages, and did some browsing of some shops.

Here's what I wore, firstly (get the boring stuff out of the way first!):
Brown blouse from H&M & a basic black pencil skirt, I also wore some brown heeled sandal things (first outing with heels since the Op, people!)


Here's a close up detail of the blouse. Pretty in't it. Its colour also makes me looked really tanned, which is weird, cause I'm pretty pale in comparison to my usual Summer-glow. (I'm trying to go for the pale and interesting, instead I end up looking like a normal English person who doesn't tan, yuck).

Anywhoo, I needed some moisturiser, so I popped into Boots and spent more than I intended, as is normal for me & that shop:


(My paws were shaking at the excitement of telling you about the next 2 things, hence the fuzzy photo)

I then popped into TK Maxx to look at their homeware stuff (I know, I'm middle-aged already) and went via their scarves. I found these beauties:


A Moschino 100% silk scarf for £15!!!!! It's not even Cheap & Chic, it's actual Moschino. Wowza. I continued looking, in the hope of finding another nice silk scarf (I spend so much money on them, but they remind me of The Best First Lady Ever: Jackie Kennedy).
I stumbled across this:


Okay, so it's not as impressive looking as the Moschino one, but it's Valentino. The label said current season, but I can't for the life of me find it anywhere on the internet, so I don't know whether that means it's A/W10 or S/S10. But, who cares, it's Valentino!!!

Usually, I'm not one for labels at all, if I can find the same thing cheaper sans label, then I will just buy that, my pride doesn't care about such things, as long as it's pretty. However, something went off in my head at the discovery of these 2 scarves. I don't think I'll ever become a label addict, but a few nice pieces are always worth it, and let's face it, silk scarves never go out of fashion. My life is complete, and my scarf collection is growing and my bank balance is getting closer to the red every time I leave the house!! :/

Anyway, I hope you're all having a good day!

Currently listening to: Waltzinblack by The Stranglers.

PS. It's my birthday soon, and I'm stuck with ideas as to what to do to celebrate, any suggestions??

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful outfit! And the scarves - what a bargain!!!

    Leia

    ReplyDelete